- England, Redhill
- SAP Business Objects, Oracle, SAS, MicroStrategy, SQL
- £55000 – £60000 per annum + Car Allowance, bonus, BUPA
Redhill, Surrey (Hybrid working, currently one day in the office)
£55-60,000 + amazing package (bonus. pension, BUPA, 30 days holiday, 6K car allowance)
Leading financial services company on the Redhill/ Reigate border have an excellent opportunity within the BI team that will be responsible for delivering a self-service Business Intelligence solution that enables the business to improve its reporting and analysis capabilities.
Reporting to the Head of BI, the role requires a self-motivated and highly analytical candidate with strong experience in BI tools, ideally including SAS, Business Objects and MicroStrategy, and in querying data within databases.
The role will be internal customer-facing and will cover all aspects of the BI delivery process including the facilitation / clarification of report / data requirements, BI tool configuration and report design and testing, training of end users, and the ongoing guidance and mentoring of Power Users.
What you’ll be doing
* Providing SAS expertise, mentoring and best practice to support other analysts using SAS within the organisation
* Technical ownership and active monitoring of the SAS system
* Creation of SAS programs to meet business needs, extracting data from appropriate sources
* Review and QA of end-user created SAS code as part of approval for promotion to the IT-governed SAS area
* Participating in / Leading BI requirement gathering
* Analysis of existing reports, and new reporting requirements
* Documentation of clear reporting requirements to development and testing
* Creating reports within Business Objects Web Intelligence, Power BI and MicroStrategy
* Production and execution of Test Scripts for BI deliverables
* Keeping the BI Manager informed of progress and issues on a timely basis
* Mentoring/support for other team members
* Deal with or escalate any identified risks in relation to risk policies and/or legislative and regulatory guidelines in accordance with the group risk framework
What we’re looking for
* Highly analytical, problem solving skills and numerate
* Technical expertise in 2 of these disciplines – SAP Business Objects, Oracle, SAS, MicroStrategy, SQL
* Ability to understand both the bigger picture as well as individual tasks
* Ability to work both as part of a team, and individually
* Solid work ethic with attention to detail
* Proven ability to understand both business and IT processes
* Strong communication skills to be able to provide coaching and mentoring to users throughout the BI development lifecycle and in the use of BI tools
* Forward thinking, receptive to new ideas and suggestions, flexible, and able to look beyond the current way of doing things
* A background in Financial Services would be advantageous
* Proactive and able to work under own initiative.
* Ability to work across multiple initiatives adjusting to shifting priorities.
* Technical expertise in SAS, including use of SAS EG. is essential
We have a range of benefits available which include:
* 30 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays.
* Bonus scheme
* Single cover BUPA cover
* Pension contribution. Minimum 3% with an employer matched contribution.
* Corporate rates for dependent private medical insurance and other insurance products
* Employee assistant programme
* Enhanced family friendly policies
* Sharesave scheme
* Discounts on high street brands
* Local retail discounts
Please send me your CV for an immediate turnaround
TLP Consultancy Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply now via e-mail