- England, City of London
- SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI
- £50000 – £60000 per annum + Big Bonus + Corp benefits
BI Developer (SQL Server stack)
A rapidly expanding financial services company have an immediate need for a BI Developer; you will be joining them at a very exciting time and can get stuck straight in to some great projects.
* To develop, support and maintain BI solutions in line with the Company’s architectural vision, and in accordance with departmental project standards and practices. To provide the business users with insight.
Skills & Knowledge
* Demonstrable skills in SQL Server 2008R2, 2014, 2016, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, DQS, MDS, Power BI.
* Demonstrable skills in Data warehousing, data lakes and big data solutions.
* Demonstrable experience within Microsoft applications and platforms.
* A team player to proactively work in an Agile project environment.
* Mentoring and coaching skills
* An aptitude for systems development and the ability to understand and manage complex concepts
* A willingness to learn new skills and adopt to new technologies
* Good communication skills, verbal and written and knowing when to use them
* A mathematical background would be strongly desirable.
* Good proven experience of SQL Server 2008R2, 2014, 2016, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, DQS, MDS , Power BI
* Good experience and knowledge of Microsoft development, test and project technologies.
* Experience with IT development processes and delivery lifecycles; development methodology; release strategy and configuration management; development tools, and applications across full project lifecycles.
* Experience working within an Agile environment; delivering within defined Sprints; familiarity with Agile principles ceremonies.
* Experience in mentoring other team members to improve individual and team capability.
* Bespoke applications To develop high-quality bespoke data solutions using appropriate, industry-standard tools, technologies and languages. Aligned to the organizational target architecture and data strategy.
* Technical documentation To ensure that high-quality documentation is developed, maintained, regularly reviewed and stored for all solutions developed
* Quality assurance To perform peer reviews of code and documentation in order to ensure that procedures and standards are followed consistently. Continuously work towards the objective of building in quality and provide appropriately tested solutions.
* Continuous improvement To contribute to the improvement of the code base, and project and development processes.
* Service Desk requests To act as second and third-line support in undertaking tasks assigned via Service Desk
* Agile Techniques – Actively participate, contribute and mentor others to adopt Agile practices.
* Mentoring – Take a proactive role within the team to support the development of colleagues. Where necessary providing task monitoring and coaching of other team members.
* Release and Deployment – Preparation of all release content and documentation, ensuring it is fit for purpose when required. Take an active role in continually improving deployment capability and maximising deployment reliability and quality in all environments.
* Maintain competence To maintain your own competence and personal development
* Values: Proactively contribute to and act in line with the Group values, encourage a high performance cultural environment, facilitate continued and improved company reputation and success.
* Treating Customers Fairly: Work within the company’s Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) policy framework and specifically working practices identified in the department TCF policy.
* Risk: To understand and work within the company’s risk framework
* Educated to Degree level, or equivalent – highly desirable
* Computer science related qualification
* Certified Scrum Master (or equivalent) – desirable
TLP Consultancy Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply now via e-mail